When you run a script to configure the virtual directory for the report server, you receive the following error message:
HTTP Error 403.1 Forbidden
You have attempted to run a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow executables to run.
Cause of Problem 2
This problem occurs because of a new permission requirement in IIS 7.0. This permission requirement is for ISAPI extensions that use a wildcard (*) script mapping.
Workaround for Problem 2
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr, and then click OK.
- In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand Web Sites, expand Default Web Site, and then click the virtual directory for the report server.
- Under Features View, double-click Handler Mappings.
- Under Actions, click Edit Feature Permissions.
- Click to select the Scripts check box, and then click OK.